Creating Wgs groups
You can meditate by yourself but meditation with others will give your meditation much more energy and strength. Meditating together, possibly in a circle, in a classroom, outside or where you like will provide you with the idea of fellowship and communion.
We therefore strongly suggest that you create a group where you can catch up with others a minimum of once a week. This will make your meditation a social experience. Sharing your thoughts and experiences with others is life giving and builds up relations.
Okay - are you ready to go silent?
Ok - I’m ready, give me the basics.
- Find a comfortable place inside or outside
- Sit - and begin to breathe in and out
- Count your breaths - Count to 5 when you breaths in and count to 5 when you breathe out. Start over.
- Focus on your breathing
- Attempt a guided meditation or attempt a meditation on one of the gospels stories
- Find a tree and make it your Wgs-tree of faith, hope and love
- Instagram your tree
- Visit your tree at different time in the year - let your tree be a totem of silence and inner peace
- Connect with others in a local Wgs group, on Facebook, or follow us on Youtube